The updated design of the Axiom i3 with F.A.S.T. Lock System is the latest in luxury, jacket style BC that incorporates Aqua Lung’s patented i3 inflation / deflation system. Featuring the evolutionary F.A.S.T. Lock System (Front Access Secure Tank) that now allows the tank strap to “click” into position, easily securing the cylinder from the front of the BC. It’s amazing comfort and stability come from the integrated Wrapture™ Harness System. The Axiom i3 is made from durable, fade-resistant materials and comes in a black/charcoal color combination.
Axiom i3 F.A.S.T Lock
- The F.A.S.T. Lock System™ Tank Band is a strong, secure way to attach the cylinder to the BC. Gone are the days of complicated web weaving through multi-slot buckles. Located in the front of the BC, the strap simply clicks into place and the buckle is locked closed.
- Wrapture Harness System – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from “riding-up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical
- i3 Control System (patented) – provides easy, one-touch control for inflation and deflation. Eliminates the traditional inflator that dangles at the end of a corrugated hose. i3 is simple and intuitive - just lift up on the lever to inflate and push down on the same lever to dump air. What’s more, when you push the lever down, all the dumps, upper and lower, open at the same time! Special one-way valves prevent the water from getting into the BC
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle
- The pull down oral inflator is easy to deploy, use and stow.
- A bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag.
- An adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered on a rail system. This not only ensures a good fit but also keeps strap from running across top of a drysuit valve.
- A clever octo-pocket on the right lobe secures the octopus while keeping it accessible and visible throughout the dive.
- A scooped instrument pocket (or octo-pocket) is also on the top front of the left lobe, giving versatility of use.
- Pocket within a pocket – A small security pocket is found on the flap of a larger drop-down pocket
- Attachment points are found on the left lobe and on the fold down right pocket which will accommodate many of the Aqua Lung knives or SMB. This location provides easy access to the knife or SMB.
- Features 4 stainless steel D-rings and 2 plastic D-rings for all of your accessories.
- Right shoulder pull dump provides an additional dumping option.
- Rolled neck collar for comfort
|Dump valves||Flat e-valves|
|Weight System||SureLock II|
|Tank band||F.A.S.T. Lock System|
|# of D-rings||4 stainless / 2 plastic|
|Pockets||3 (2 w/ zippers)|
|Ditchable weight||XS - ML 20lb/9kg, LG - XXL 30lb/13.5kg|
|Non-ditchable weight||10 lb/4.5kg|
|Lift Capacity (lbs/N)||XS - 31/130, SM - 31/130, MD - 36/160, ML - 41/180, LG - 44/190, XL - 47/200, XXL - 54/240|