BUYING AQUA LUNG DIVE GEAR
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT MAIL ORDER AND INTERNET SALES OF OUR PRODUCTS
Please be aware that not every business that advertises and sells Aqua Lung branded products is an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Unauthorized retailers offering Aqua Lung Scuba products acquire those products through unknown sources. Products purchased through unauthorized retailers are considered third party sales and are not eligible for Aqua Lung warranty protection, service, or support.
Aqua Lung cannot guarantee in any way the condition of the product you receive through these unauthorized retailers or guarantee:
- The product is in fact an Aqua Lung product
- The product contains all original and current Aqua Lung factory parts.
- The product meets all original Aqua Lung factory specifications.
If you require warranty or non-warranty service on any Aqua Lung or affiliate branded product not purchased through an authorized Aqua Lung Dealer, you may be refused service by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer or may incur additional service charges.
Please note that non-factory authorized service or repair facilities:
- Do not have access to authorized Aqua Lung parts
- Do not have access to the latest technical bulletins
- Are not trained by Aqua Lung on proper service procedures for Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support equipment.
Please view the Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer Locator function on this website to find an authorized Aqua Lung dealer.
Q: Do I have to purchase Aqua Lung equipment from an Authorized Dealer?
Yes, for more information regarding this please see the Important Notice about mail order and internet sales of our products.
Q: What is the best way to determine equipment size and fit?
Aqua Lung provides wetsuit size charts and BC size charts on this website to assist with getting the proper fit. Due to body shape variations, it is recommended that the item be tried on at your local Aqua Lung Dealer before making your final purchase
Q: How do I register my new dive equipment?
The most efficient way to register your product is via our online Product Registration on this website. Product Registration can be found under the "support" button at the top menu. On occasion there may be special offers available for the registered product, that are available only through Online Product Registration. If you are not able to register your product online, Mail in Product Registration is also available. When you purchase a regulator, alternate air source, buoyancy compensator, or dive computer from an Authorized Aqua Lung America Dealer, you will find a Product Registration Card in the box. Please fill out this card and mail it in within 15 days from the date of purchase.
Q: What is the warranty for my new Aqua Lung dive gear?
The warranty varies depending on the type of gear you purchased. Go to the Warranty and Registration section of this website for further information.
Owner's manuals are available as a free download from the Technical Library on this website.
Q: Where can I get my Aqua Lung, Seaquest, Apeks or U.S. Divers product serviced?
We have many Authorized Aqua Lung Dealers around the country that can service your equipment. You can use the Dealer Locator function in the left side navigation of this website to find the dealer nearest you.
Q: How do I sign up for an Aqua Lung Repair course?
Q: How do I buy repair parts for my Aqua Lung product?
Q: Where can I get parts for older Double Hose Regulators?
Aqua Lung no longer has parts for the older double hose regulators. There are a few places that specialize in vintage SCUBA equipment and repairs. Try visiting Vintage Scuba Supply.
Q: Can I use an Aqua Lung regulator with Nitrox, EAN, Safeair?
As of June 2002, all Aqua Lung regulators are approved for use with Nitrox to 40% out of the box. For more information regarding Nitrox and Aqua Lung regulators go to the Nitrox Compatibility document in the Regulator portion of Technical Library.
Q: Can the Sure-Lock weight system be added to my current BC?
Q: Can I get a replacement bladder for my older model BC?
Q: My BC air-cell/bladder has been punctured and is leaking air, can it be patched?
Q: What is the proper care and maintenance of my BC?
In addition to rinsing the outside of the BC with warm fresh water, the inside must also be rinsed thoroughly to stop the formation of salt crystals inside the BC. Line dry completely and store partially inflated in a cool dry place away from heat, electric motors and other sources of ozone. Also to maintain the safe operation of the BC, annual service/inspection by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer is required. This is also a prerequisite to retain the warranty
Q: Who can service my Monitor 1 or 2 dive computer?
Q: Why does my Vyper Air computer display the word "FAIL" in the lower left corner?
- The wrist unit may be out of range. If this happens, the unit will display "FAIL" and last know tank pressure. Once it is back within range it will display PSI again. The range is approximately 3-4 ft.
- "FAIL" will be displayed if there is no cylinder pressure change for 1 minute. If there is no cylinder pressure change after 5 minutes, the display will be "FAIL and - - - -" alternately. To get the PSI reading back, just purge the line or breathe off of 2nd stage.
- Perhaps the "CODE" has been changed on Transmitter. This can happen if the cylinder has been shut down, the regulator purged, and then the cylinder turned back on rapidly. If the code has been changed in the transmitter then it will not link up to wrist unit until the wrist unit has been manually cleared to receive a new code.
To clear the CODE in the wrist unit, go through AIR DIVE SETTINGS by pressing and holding the lower left button for two seconds. Using the bottom right button, scroll to "Tank Pressure" and select it by pressing the "SELECT" (upper left) button. Select "ON" and the next screen will display the code. Highlight "Clear" and select it. Press "MODE" (right upper) button and try linking the transmitter again.
- It is possible that the battery in the transmitter may be dead, or that the transmitter is flooded. In either of these situations, return your transmitter to your authorized Aqua Lung dealer. They will be able to change the battery for you or send it back to Aqua Lung in case of flood.
**All this information is also located in the users manual, pgs 19-20**
Q: Who can service my Monitor 2+ or 3 dive computers?
Q: Who can service my Suunto dive computer?
For any information regarding Suunto products, please visit their web site's FAQ under the title Help Desk.
Q: Can I change the battery on my Suunto dive computer myself?
The battery is user changeable on all of the Suunto Dive computers with the exception of the following models: D9, D6, Stinger, Spyder, Companion, and SME. When changing the battery YOU MUST USE THE APPROVED BATTERY KIT for that model. Battery kits are available through your local Aqua Lung dealer which can be found using the Dealer Locator service in the left side navigation of this website.
We do not have a trade-in or upgrade program at this time.