Location: Northern California/ San Leandro, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years in a Production oversight electronics manufacturing
Pelagic Pressure Systems has been in business since 1980 and joined the Aqua Lung family in 2015. We are a designer and manufacturer of analog and digital dive instrumentation for many of the leading international brands in the dive industry today such as Oceanic, Hollis, and Aqua Lung. Pelagic Pressure Systems has a highly knowledgeable employee base with a state of the art technological capability and several innovative patents.
We expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Production Manager oversees the production floor and supervises the manufacturing personnel. This is a hands-on position with experience in mechanical and electronic products that is not only responsible for the administrative functions but also the day to day direct supervision of the production floor. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Direct oversight of production floor and personnel.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication while ensuring safety.
- Ensures procedures and processes are adhered to maintaining product quality standards
- Coordinate production schedules to ensure maximum efficiency and on time deliveries
- Collaborate with Materials Department on the flow of materials
- Lead continuous improvement efforts using Lean, 5S, and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Lead and develop processes for new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Collaborate with engineering and quality on root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Maintain current ISO9000 quality system for manufacturing activities.
- Manage service, PM, and calibration schedules for equipment to ensure high reliability
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Positive leadership and strong interpersonal skills while directing the work of others.
- Able to demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Able to handle complex situations in a calm and collective manner.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and decision making in support of a fast-paced environment with compressed deadlines.
- Proven track record of bringing change and efficiency within the organization.
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
- Has held minimum 5 years in a Production oversight function
- Minimum 2 years in electronics manufacturing
- Experience in continuous improvement
- Experience in ISO9000
- Intermediate User of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
~ We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
~ AQ participates in the United States E-Verify program.
~ AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.