Location: South of France
Education: Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience in chemical or industrial engineering OR Bachelors in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering. 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years procurement of goods for resale in a multinational corporation with global contracts.
Aqua Lung (AQ) is a leader in the diving market with approximately $220M revenues in 2016, approximately $26M EBITDA. The company employs approximately 1000 people across 16 legal entities and 7 production sites (US, CA, MX, FR, IT and UK). AQ products are distributed worldwide through 10 affiliates (owned distribution platforms) and +90 distribution partnerships.
The successful candidate will have recent relevant experience in outdoor sports and/or the sporting goods industry on a global scale with large multi-door retailers.
** Assurez-vous de soumettre votre CV en anglais ** / ** Please be sure to submit your resume in English **
Aqua Lung launched in 2016 a vast program of procurement optimization split in two parts:
- Strategic Sourcing: A target of $9 to 12M across all categories of spent has been set to be delivered with the help of a team of consultants from Efficio Consulting, across two ‘waves’. Wave 1 is set to start in June 2017 for a completion at the end of the year. Plastic Sporting Goods has an annual spend of $28M and is the top ‘Goods for Resale’ category in terms of savings target for this first wave so it represents a very strategic element of the initiative.
- Procurement Organization: To ensure a performing execution of procurement on the short and the long term, Efficio Consulting will also help designing the procurement department for Aqua Lung. This entails appointing a Global Procurement Manager, as well as Global Category Managers, together with the planning and running of a training program and providing a set of tools for Aqua Lung. For this reason, we are today looking for new colleagues to accompany us in the building of this new procurement function.
- Recreational diving (regulators, BCDs, wetsuits/ drysuits, masks/ fins/ snorkels, instruments, spearfishing/ spear guns)
- Military & Professional (military & professional)
- Sporting goods (swimwear, swimwear competition, goggles, snorkeling, paddling)
- Manage a total annual spend of about $36M (including Plastic Sporting Goods)
- Using the Group Procurement methodology to define business needs, assess supply markets, define strategy, conduct tendering and negotiation
- Use the tools, templates, and techniques as part of the methodology to run highly effective sourcing projects and give confidence to business stakeholders
- Work closely with all interested internal and external stakeholders to ensure all sourcing strategies are fit for purpose and meet the business-wide requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic suppliers
- Follow internal governance process to ensure all ‘stage gates’ are approved before proceeding
- Create robust legal contracts, in line with all Aqua Lung legal standards
- Implement contracts to ensure operational satisfaction
- Work flexibly across a broader range of categories to meet changing business requirements
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Fluency in English
- Computer literate with good MS Office applications skills
- Experience of similar sourcing roles
- Business or engineering degree or equivalent higher qualification
- Willingness to travel in Europe, US and Asia a minimum of 25%
- Fluency in one or more languages other than English, in particular French and /or Italian
- Experience with Far East sourcing
- Problem solving skill-sets – e.g. Lean ; six-sigma, TQM tools
- Advanced analytical skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and experience of using technology as part of procurement
- Strategic sourcing experience – Goods for Resale, Plastic Sporting Goods (masks, snorkels, fins) or similar
- Strong analytical skills – able to use MS Excel to analyse reports, supplier quotations, and create spend profiles
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confident and decisive, without being aggressive. Able to be assertive and influence effectively across a wide stakeholder base both internally within Aqua Lung and across the supply market
- Cultural awareness – most of the suppliers of Goods for Resale are located in the Far East
- Project management skills – disciplined at defining actions and following through
- Stakeholder management skills – the stakeholder base is diverse and the role needs the ability to operate effectively at Executive level (influencing and articulating issues & opportunities); and at a more day-to-day operational level. The incumbent must be able to flex style to have credibility at all levels
- Go-to attitude and driven personality
Additional Company Information
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.