Location: Aqua Lung Canada-Saanichton, BC
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Marketing or equivalent
Experience: 5 years experience in consumer products environment preferably Sporting Goods
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Apeks, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, OMER, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Drywear Product Manager reports directly to the Global Business Line Manager for Dive and is responsible to assist in the definition, development and termination of the activities of products. This position is the Go to technical expert for Aqua Lung drywear across the world specializing in the Fusion drysuit (specialized patented suit) and other non Fusion dry wear products. Incumbent will identify potential drywear products and assist in the establishment of pricing and market strategy (global and local), estimate potential sales, define promotional activities, and provides product forecasts from inception through phase-out.
The Product Manager is responsible to lead the internal stakeholders supporting the products from conception to product release to its end of life. This includes; all aspects of product knowledge training, planning, and evaluating product life, addressing customer complaints and resolving problems.
- Gather information to determine market needs and participates in overall product strategy, product requirements, market analysis, and coordination for manufacturing or sourcing for new and existing products.
- Gather new product ideas, develop product definitions, and evaluates their potential contribution.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas, both domestic and international, such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to ensure product quality and success is maintained in response customer needs and market opportunities.
- Assist sales team in new product communication tools and resources.
- Evaluate and compare dive products through first-hand experience.
- Coordinate and develop marketing, sales and financial plans for product line.
- Gather data on market position of competitors, analyzing their prices, sales and marketing techniques
- Review progress continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Maintain communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Supervise technical training to the sales team and dealer base, including management of the administration of the online technical training site.
- Position may require management of certain high profile accounts.
- Domestic and international travel is necessary to achieve the above duties and responsibilities
- Interface with Marketing, Production, Customer Service, and Sales departments effectively
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and ethical standards to protect company confidential information
- Be detail oriented, organized and efficient
- Communicate verbal and written skills effectively
- Apply complex research and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- BS degree in Business Administration or Marketing preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in consumer products environment (preferably sporting goods) or 5 years hands-on experience in directly related products.
- 5+ years of cold water drysuit diving
- Must be computer literate-Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Data mining software knowledge such as COGNOS a plus
- Proficiency using AS400 ERP software a plus
- Aqua Lung Canada is an equal opportunity employer
-We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
-AQC promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.