Location: Vista, CA
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Marketing, preferred
Experience: 5 years experience in Sales or Account Management, preferably Sporting Goods
Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for providing professional sales representation for the Sporting Goods Division. Typical functions include managing Key Sporting Goods Accounts, providing excellent day-to-day support to meet customer needs and managing their orders and follow through activities to support sales, communicating customer compliance instructions with various departments to ensure a high level of customer service, working with marketing to implement marketing collateral to support sales and brand awareness, completing annual and monthly forecast updates, account analysis to maximize sales and margins, identifying market needs or gaps and working with product team to bring to market. Also, may include customer and overall territory sales analysis reporting, and working with the Credit Department to resolve charge back and/or credit issues. This position is responsible for direct communication with customers to maintain and grow sales and to solicit new opportunities.
- Actively seek out direct contact and communication with existing and potential customers to solicit sporting goods sales
- Manage specific Key Big Box Sporting Goods Customers
- Create the account and channel strategy then execute with the buyer in a well organized meaningful presentation
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our competition and market gaps then work with Business Line Managers (BLM’s) and Product Development Managers (PDM’s) to develop solutions that align with the distribution channel strategies and company objectives
- Create and maintain accurate internal quote sheets to include customer’s full assortment, pricing and approved margins, then ensure excellent communication to internal team for seamless and timely execution and delivery
- Coordinate and implement in store visuals to build brand awareness and promote sales
- Provide account specific analysis and forms including, item set up, account, channel and territory sales performance analysis, and monitor business performance metrics and coordinate action teams if improvements are necessary
- Coordinate and communicate customer compliance requirements to relevant departments to ensure orders are processed and shipped properly with minimal disruption to the supply chain
- Oversee both Direct Import and Domestic order flows
- Work with our customers’ POS systems
- Work with buyers and internal forecasting tools to create and maintain annual forecast then work with the internal team to ensure seamless execution while meeting the company’s inventory goals and respecting vendor lead times.
- Provide a high level of customer service to customers
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with supporting interdepartmental staff and outside Sales Representatives
- Gain and communicate knowledge of company products and services
- Work and communicate well with customers, sales and marketing staff as well as various inter-company departments
- Coordinate internal activities at all levels within the organization with good communication skills
- Follow Sporting Goods objectives and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Manage multiple customers’ orders, marketing needs, internal requirements and multiple priorities
- Make independent decisions
- Travel – make sales calls, participate in trade shows and sales meetings
- Possess excellent control of the English language and have good communication and phone skills
- BS degree in Business Administration or Marketing preferred
- Minimum of five years of sales/account management experience preferably in a retail or big box environment
- Must have general knowledge of consumer products distribution, sales, forecasting, account analytical skills, marketing activities, general retail merchandising, plan-o-gram planning, and retailer compliance requirements
- Must have good computer skills and be familiar with the Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc).
- Sports sales or retail sales experience desired
- Experience in ASI operating system preferred
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.