Location: Western Canada
Education: Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS in Marketing, Communication or Business preferred)
Experience: 5+ years experience in Field Sales and Account Management, specifically working with Swim Specialty Channels
Aqua Lung Canada, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, OMER, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for managing an assigned territory by directly soliciting business, developing forecasts, and managing customer orders and follow through activities to support territory sales. Daily functions include communicating customer compliance instructions with cross-functional departments to meet customer needs and ensure a high level of customer service is delivered. The RSR coordinates and participates in events to increase sales and brand awareness, and works with the Outdoor Sales Manager to execute marketing collateral. Functions may include customer and overall territory sales analysis and reporting, and work with the Credit Department to resolve charge back and/or credit issues.
Candidate must thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment while maintaining the discipline to be organized and manage multiple customer orders, marketing needs and conflicting priorities.
- Actively seek out direct contact and communication with existing and potential swim coaches and teams to solicit competitive sporting goods sales in the Canada.
- Actively seek out direct contact and communication with existing and potential customers to solicit sporting goods sales within assigned territory and channels, including swim specialty, tri-specialty, independent, bike/run, and outdoor stores.
- Manage and follow thru territory sales strategies by customer, channel and products as determined by the Specialty Sales Manager.
- Conduct customer presentations, event activation and sales analysis.
- Attend team fittings as agreed upon by the Outdoor Sales Manager.
- Develop annual product forecasts for assigned accounts and territory.
- Prepare required external and internal documents to ensure orders are processed and shipped properly.
- Educate and motivate existing, underachieving, and potential accounts to sell product through line presentations, merchandising plans, product knowledge clinics and booking programs.
- Provide services for customers such as; requesting, gathering and sending samples, packaging, product information, catalogs and price lists, presentations, vendor documents, marketing materials, displays, product training clinics, etc.
- Have the ability to provide professional sales support to the Outdoor Division using excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Be able to apply effective time management skills and possess efficient trip planning skills.
- Be able to become an expert in product knowledge to better communicate with customers and swim coaches in an effort to strengthen and build effective relationships.
- Gain knowledge of company products, services, distribution, and brand strategies and communicate with cross-functional departments and at all levels of personnel.
- Understand, maintain and communicate customer compliance instructions to relevant departments and/or individuals to ensure timely shipments without charge backs.
- Collaborate, communicate and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional departments and customers.
- Travel at least 50% of the time (make sales calls, participate in trade shows, perform team fittings and sales meetings).
- Minimum 5 years field sales experience in Swim Specialty Channels; specifically working directly with swim coaches and teams in outfitting and pool support.
- Triathlete (multi channel-swim/bike/run) and Sporting Goods Channel experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the apparel industry, specifically swimwear preferred.
- BS degree from a 4 year university or college. Equivalent combination of education, experience and skills may be considered.
- 3-5 years applied experience in sales and account management experience.
- 3-5 years applied experience in customer service, order management and account management principles and practices.
- Must have good computer skills and be familiar with the Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc).
- Aqua Lung Canada (AQC) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQC promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.