Location: Genoa, Italy or Vista, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales or Marketing or equivalent
Experience: 5 years’ experience in consumer products environment (preferably sporting goods), or 5 to 10 years hands-on experience in directly related products.
Aqua Lung International, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of scuba diving, water-safety, personal fitness and recreational products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our marketing efforts. Our brands include: Aqua Lung, Apeks, Omer, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, U.S. Divers, and Stohlquist.
The Global Product Line Manager (PLM) for Mask, Fins and Snorkels is responsible to identify potential products and assist in the establishment of pricing and market strategies, sales volume potential, define promotional activities, and provide product forecasts from inception through phase-out. The PLM monitors and evaluates affiliate sales and acts as a conduit to share effective sales strategies & campaigns amongst Affiliates.
This position is the voice of the consumer inside the organization. They are responsible for the life cycle of their portfolio of products and owns the product briefing process and the long term product roadmap, developed in coordination with design, development and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collect and gather information to determine market needs and participates in overall product strategy, product requirements, market analysis, and coordination for manufacturing for new and existing products. Provides recommendations on new account/market opportunities.
- Gather and maintain data on market position of competitors, analyzing their prices, sales and marketing techniques.
- Maintain communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Collect and gather new product ideas, develop product definitions, and evaluate their potential contribution.
- Assess Global product needs as it relates to products and provides input to the Dive Business Line Manager and Product Development Manager on project needs & priorities.
- Works with, and provides market information to Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing and Operations to ensure product quality and success is maintained in response to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Oversees the implementation of all new products ensuring all goals are met for common part number creation, product specifications, delivery schedules, photography, forecasts, and pricing.
- Works with marketing team to develop illustrated Buyer’s Guide and ensures accuracy of all photos, features, benefits, and pricing.
- Sources key competitive products and maintain an understanding of competition including product specs and dealer and retail pricing.
- Visits customers to provide any needed support and or sales service with the ultimate goal of increasing sales at that location.
- Monitors local efforts for brand exposure for all sponsored athletes / ambassadors and activities and evaluates the investment. Makes recommendations on future activities and organizations to partner with.
- As able attends local club meetings to promote / support Aqua Lung.
- Test dives and evaluates new and competitive product. Writes up detailed product evaluations.
- Respect cultural and personal differences to work collaboratively as a team.
- Think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making in support of a fast-paced environment with compressed deadlines.
- Handle complex situations in a calm and collective manner.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Make sales calls, participate in trade shows and sales meetings.
- 3 to 5 years of International Business Experience, Sales and or Marketing preferred.
- BS degree in Business Administration or Marketing or related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in consumer products environment (preferably sporting goods), or 5 to 10 years hands-on experience in directly related products.
- Diving certification required.
- Successful record of achieving division goals and objectives.
- 5 years of budget development and financial management responsibility.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Advanced User of MS Office Applications (Excel Spreadsheet, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Aqua Lung International, Inc. (AQI) is an equal opportunity employer.
- AQI participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQI promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.