Location: Northern California/ San Leandro, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. CPA/CMA preferred
Experience: Minimum 5-10 years of progressive Accounting experience
Pelagic Pressure Systems has been doing business in San Leandro since 1980. We are a designer and manufacturer of analog and digital dive instrumentation for many of the leading international brands in the dive industry today such as Oceanic, Hollis, and Aqua Lung. Pelagic Pressure Systems has a highly knowledgeable employee base with a state of the art technological capability and several innovative patents.
Pelagic is an engineering and manufacturing company within the Aqua Lung group. The Accounting Manager at Pelagic is responsible for the preparation, coordination, and documentation of all the financial needs of the company. These include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards. The incumbent will manage 1 accounts payable specialist and report directly to the CEO of Pelagic and have dotted line reporting to AQA CFO and AQI CFO.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes and produce accurate financial statements and play a central role in the annual financial statement audit
- Maintain the chart of accounts and prepare all related schedules for balance sheet Reconciliations and manage all intercompany reconciliations
- Develop and maintain accounting control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures in an effort to improve an effective internal control environment.
- Manage cost accounting and inventory control, as well as Daily Bank Reconciliation and weekly cash flow forecast
- Work with the Accounts Payable Specialist to properly account and prepare expense accruals
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable and post receipts to customer accounts
- Manage budgeting and forecasting, and assist with preparation of income and sales tax returns
- Review Budget to Actual monthly with CEO and Director of Operations
- Prepare and analyze Engineering Project costs and review monthly with CEO
- Manage Construction in Process and all Fixed Asset account and depreciation
- Create and document processes and provide ongoing support for existing programs BPCS (AS400) and Epicor CMS ERP systems while facilitating in the completion of implementation of Epicor CMS ERP.
- Work with Operations on any financial analysis needs
- Prepare ad hoc reports and assist with company projects as requested
- Maintain Customer and Supplier relationships
- Manage and track Cost Savings Program across all departments
- Keep track and work to improve Working Capital in accordance with company objectives (Inventory, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable)
- Demonstrate positive leadership.
- Able to handle complex situations in a calm and collective manner.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and decision making in support of a fast-paced environment with compressed deadlines.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and ethical standards to protect company confidential information.
- Work independently and interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Effective communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrate ability to understand the customer.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and manage individual and team work flow through effective utilization of time and other resources to accomplish objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- CPA/CMA preferred, or has in depth knowledge of manufacturing accounting
- Have full P&L and Balance Sheet understanding to be the main person responsible for Financials and Accounting System
- 5-10 years of progressive Accounting experience ideally with at least 2-3 years of experience managing month end close
- Experience with Budgets and Forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, CapEx, Working Capital)
- Advanced User and quick learner of ERP systems
- Advanced User of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- General understanding and knowledge of company products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
~ We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
~ Pelagic participates in the United States E-Verify program.
~ Pelagic promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.