Location: Vista, CA
Education: Associate's Degree (AA/AS in Business, Communication or International Business Trade preferred)
Experience: 3+ years experience in U.S. exports compliance regulations, International Trade Documentation preferred
Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of scuba diving, water safety, personal fitness and recreational products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our marketing efforts. Our brands include: Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Omer, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
The Export Sales Coordinator for Latin America and/or Asia Pacific is responsible for the movement of merchandise and/or material in/out of the country in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. The Coordinator prepares Import/Export documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. This position also handles order entry, scheduling, coordination, and export documents with operations. A high degree of Customer interface is required to respond promptly to customer relation inquiries by telephone or e-mail to provide non-technical problem resolution.
- Responsible for timely order processing within customer order compliance guidelines ensuring accurate order processing including pricing using available resources and tools.
- Provide order acknowledgements with price, quantity, and part number to customer.
- Respond to customer requests and questions regarding orders and account information. Resolves problems with orders, delivery dates or service.
- Coordinate international drop ship orders and manage semi-monthly meetings with purchasing.
- Coordinate and manage export shipments between vendor and customer. Coordinate and manage export shipments between forwarder and vendor.
- Create export documentation for each shipment.
- Process export shipment requests for internal departments when needed.
- Create credit and debit memos when needed.
- File International Trade Numbers (ITN's) via ACE Website.
- Processes return authorizations and / or orders.
- Process and ship completed products / requests.
- Prepare and distribute various Sales Reports.
- Adhere to Safety Practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager and Sales Representatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability of demonstrating a positive customer service experience.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to learn and comprehend product knowledge and its intended use.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listener and effective communicator (strong written and verbal skills).
- Possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- A self-starter with creativity and motivation to assist in the growth of the company.
- Behaves in a consistent manner that positively represents the Company and stated values.
- Proven history of maintaining excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
- 3-5 years applied experience in U.S. export compliance regulations, International Trade Compliance and documentation.
- 3 years applied experience of ACE and Incoterms.
- 3 years experience with ITN process through FEDEX, UPS and other freight forwarders.
- Associates Degree in Business, emphasis in Communications or International Business Trade a plus.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Advanced in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of AS400 Operating System, preferred.
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.