Location: Vista, CA
Education: Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Contract Management, or related discipline
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in a Government Contract or Sales related position
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, APEKS, OMER, Stohlquist, Aqua Lung Sport and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Military and Professional (MILPRO) Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing professional sales support to the MILPRO Division, which requires excellent communication and analytical skills. Your primary responsibility would be processing incoming orders via data entry to coordinating lead times with the production department, as well as maintaining regular communication with your customers during the process. You will primarily handle inbound calls and will require product knowledge skills so you can help educate customers on the best Aqua Lung product for their needs. The primary customers you will interface with include distributors/dealers, global Aqua Lung affiliates, and military, public safety and commercial divers.
Some international sales orders are complex and will require expertise in export licensing, so there should be a desire to learn this if not already known.
You will also be required to attend and sometimes oversee weekly meetings with various internal departments to monitor high dollar orders to ensure production and delivery is on track, as well as provide a weekly sales forecast to the division manager.
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or occasionally in person
- Monitor government bidding sites for requests for quote frequency
- Must gain and communicate the knowledge of company products and services
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries, obtain and evaluate all relevant information
- Handle and resolve elevated customer complaints
- Process return authorizations and / or orders
- Ship completed products / requests
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments, including purchasing, production and accounting to ensure timely delivery of orders
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Cross-train team members on best practice methods of service
- Any other duties or responsibilities as directed by your manager
- Work and interface effectively with external customers, end users and sales reps, as well as various internal departments
- Follow MILPRO objectives and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrate the organizational skills to manage multiple customer orders, internal requirements and multiple priorities
- Gain knowledge in export documentation, regulation and compliance
- Express excellent control of the English language and have good communication and phone skills
- Have a willingness to learn other skills related to the government procurement process
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Government Contract or Sales related position
- Applied experience in US Military procurement process and contracting desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, with Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access required
- Knowledge of AS400 Operating System a plus
- Knowledge of AES Export Compliance Software a plus
- Background in military, professional or commercial diving highly preferred
- If not dive certified, should have desire to get certified
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.