Location: Vista, CA
Education: BS degree in Computer Science or related area of study
Experience: Minimum of eight years’ complete cycle EDI experience
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, APEKS, OMER, Stohlquist, Aqua Lung Sport and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The EDI Programmer Analyst will be responsible for managing our internal EDI system, including the creation and implementation of functional and system specifications to meet customer EDI requirements. This role will manage day to day transaction processing supporting end users, customers and 3PL warehouses. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate clearly and consistently with non-technical users and external partners, conducting themselves in a business-like manner at all times. Aqua Lung America’s IT Team supports users throughout our region and all team members must be comfortable working in a multi-site environment with local and remote users, managing Trading partner relationships unique to each site.
- Manage day to day EDI transactions including 850, 856, 810, 940, 945 and UCC128 labeling.
- EDI Mapping to meet customer and business requirements including onboarding new partners and maintenance of existing ones.
- Integration Programming between EDI and ERP.
- User support/Troubleshoot issues that arise from EDI transactions.
- EDI subject matter expert fielding user questions about system functionality and capabilities.
- Utilize good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate local and remote end users and provide information regarding system capabilities
- Work independently in solving problems and implementing new requirements.
- Be highly self-motivated and detail oriented
- Manage multiple projects and time sensitive issues to meet required deadlines.
- Provide customer service, team development, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as formal presentation skills.
- Read X12 EDI raw data.
- AS400/iSeries Operating system and DB2 knowledge.
- Develop software using CL and RPG program languages.
- Application/Integration system design skills
- Create automated, hands off solutions that integrate ERP workflow into the EDI processes.
- Order to cash business process in a Distribution environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 8+ years EDI experience including complete cycle from creation of documents to support/troubleshooting
- Experience working with a tier 1 or 2 ERP software such as JDE, JDA, , SAP. (JDE World a plus)
- Trusted Link iSeries on AS400/iSeries and Bizmanager AS2 translation software preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of sales order cycle (order to cash) including warehouse pick/pack/ship
- Understanding of AS400 operating system, DB2, SQL and CL programming required.
- Familiarity with data communication protocols including AS2 and FTP
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.