Location: Vista, CA
Education: BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or similar area of study
Experience: Minimum of 7 years experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, APEKS, OMER, Stohlquist, Aqua Lung Sport and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for providing and supporting the development of consistent processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization’s business goals. This position will lead the coordination and implementation of employee-related services, polices, and programs in collaboration with the Human Resources team. The incumbent will support all locations in North America.
- Serve as business partner to management and employees, including coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, and interpretation of employment policies.
- Ensures the company is compliant with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment, and any other employment-related requirements.
- Implements, disseminates, and monitors company policies, programs and procedures in the areas of training, compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
- Conducts employee investigations, mediate and respond to grievances.
- Collaborate with management on disciplinary actions, and terminations/separations of employment.
- Identifies training needs and/or position gaps and develops training programs as appropriate. Works together with the HR team to conduct training sessions, including but not limited to, new hire orientation, classroom training and additional leadership sessions.
- Implements succession planning and talent management plans to support leadership by identifying current talent and anticipating future needs.
- Coordinates with area Human Resources staff regarding all employment activity (i.e., hiring, employee relations, compliance, terminations, etc.).
- Expert knowledge in local, state, and federal employment law and practices.
- Knowledge of Learning Management and HRIS systems.
- Applied knowledge of promoting employee engagement with best practices in a business environment.
- Keen attention to detail, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or similar area of concentration.
- Human Resources Certificate, PHR, or SPHR preferred.
- 7+ years related work experience in Human Resources with at least three years in a supervisory role with emphasis on employee relations, issues resolution, performance management, and related training.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.