Location: Vista, CA
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least 6 months experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, APEKS, OMER, Stohlquist, Aqua Lung Sport and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible to navigate the warehouse safely and understand the row and shelf labeling system to locate products for order shipment and packing customer orders generated through the AIMS system. This role will work with the team to ensure proper part numbers and quantities are packed into shipping cartons by verifying items picked against order screen for proof of accuracy. Under general supervision, the Warehouse Associate pulls packs customer orders in an accurate and timely manner as dictated by averages set by other employees performing the same functions.
- Using the RF scanners picks product from specified locations for customer sales orders or company work orders.
- Takes completed sales orders to packing stations or takes completed work orders to production area.
- Prioritizes rush orders and notifies packers or production personnel of rush status.
- Keeps bin locations neat during the course of the picking operation by keeping cartons stacked neatly in their proper location and keeping flaps on open cartons closed.
- Notifies shipping supervisor or lead of any inventory discrepancies or other inventory issues such as damaged or dirty product.
- Responsible for general warehouse cleanliness and may be assigned a designated area to maintain at warehouse standards as set forth by supervisor or the warehouse manager.
- Follows all packing instructions and other customer requirements that appear on the packing lists.
- Scans serial numbers of regulators/instruments when prompted to do so.
- Applies carton ID stickers to each individual carton associated with each customer orders.
- Informs shipping supervisor or lead of any order picking discrepancies or suspected damaged to product, or poorly packaged product.
- Packs orders according to priority and advises the manifest operator of rush orders. Applies appropriate shipping stickers to cartons when needed.
- Keeps assigned pack station clean and organized. Maintains tape machines and other related tools and equipment as assigned by the warehouse supervisor.
- Participates in cycle counts.
- Follows all company safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematical counting skill are required in or to insure order accuracy
- Basic English reading, writing and speaking is required.
- Must be able to understand and perform each function of the RF scanner gun
- Must be able to identify product part numbers and quantities from product labels, and have a full knowledge of all Aqualung product lines learned through the picking of customer orders.
- Able to operate in a fast pace, dynamic work environment
- Show high attention to detail and demonstrate excellent organization skills
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Must understand and commit to the concept of customer satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- At least 6 months experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, preferred
- Prior experience in the packing of customer orders using a computerized system is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.